AGGRESSION IN THE THEORY OF THE MATURATIONAL PROCESSES
In the year 2023 we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the foundation of the IWA by Professor Zeljko Loparic. The International Winnicott Association (IWA) is a worldwide academic civil entity, whose purpose is to publicize, promote and continue Winnicott’s legacy. This legacy is compounded by his extraordinary original work and also by his appeal to scholars of his work to continue the revolution he started in psychoanalysis.
In these ten years, with the participation of affiliated groups from different countries – Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, England, France, Greece, Israel, Italy and Portugal – the IWA held four International Congresses, in which several Winnicottian theses were presented and debated.
The Fifth International Winnicott Association Congress will be held in São Paulo, Brazil, from the 14th to the 18th of June 2023. This biennial Congress is sponsored and funded by the IWA and the Brazilian Institute of Winnicottian Psychoanalysis (IBPW), which will organize the meeting.
The general theme of the 5th Congress is:
Aggression and the Maturational Processes
The main objective of this Congress is to explore the new theory of aggression proposed by Winnicott, which is one of the pillars of his paradigm shift. For him, aggression, like all other human dimensions, needs to be experienced throughout maturational processes, in the presence of a good enough environment, in order to be integrated into the self, otherwise it will remain dissociated, complicating the life of the individual and the life in society.
IWA members: R$ 350*
Professionals: R$ 500*
Students: R$ 200*
* For international payments the amount is converted into euro according to the exchange rate of the day.
Go to the following link and click on “inscrições” to fill the form and subscribe to the event!
Organization of the Congress
Host and sponsored by:
International Winnicott Association
Brazilian Institute of Winnicottian Psychoanalysis (IBPW)
- Zeljko Loparic
- Rosário Belo
- Zhao Chengzhi
- Susanna Guida
- Leticia Minhot
- Elsa Oliveira Dias
Brazilian Organization Committee
Roseana Garcia (IWA President)
Luciana Sarkozy (IBPW/IWA)
Wei Chenxi (IWA General Secretary)
Sofia Serôdio (IWA Assistant Secretary)
Call for papers
The IWA welcomes submissions of papers at this biennial Congress.
The submission requirements are:
- Authors should discuss a theme related to the subject of aggression, aggressiveness, destruction and destructiveness in the theory of maturational processes from the perspective of Winnicott’s work.
- Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else (domestic and foreign academic journals or conferences), while under review for this Congress.
The approved papers by the committee will be presented online at the Pre-Congress on June 14-15th, 2023.
- The abstract of the paper should be submitted through the designated email address: FIFTHIWACONGRESS@GMAIL.COM
- When submitting the paper, please use the attachments in word document or PDF document format.
- Please indicate in the subject of the email “The 5th International Winnicott Association Congress Paper Submission + Author’s Name”.
- Deadline for abstract submission: January 30th, 2023
- Deadline for sending text: March 10th, 2023
- Authors of the submitted papers do not need to be individual members of the IWA.
- The paper needs to be in line with the theme of this Congress, and the scope includes related research, literature reviews and case papers on the subject of aggression, aggressiveness, destruction, and destructiveness in the theory of maturational processes from the perspective of Winnicott’s work.
- The abstract must have the following format:
200-500 words, Word 97 document or newer;
Font: Times New Roman;
Font size: 12, line spacing: 1.5.
- The abstract must contain an argument with a central issue that triggers a full discussion and draws conclusions or theoretical reflections.
- The format of the main text of the paper is the same as that of the abstract. The maximum number of pages of the text should be 4 to 6 pages, and the speech must be completed within 20 minutes. Another 10 minutes will be reserved for Q&A discussion.
- If the paper involves case data, please be sure to comply with the ethical professional code.
- When submitting the abstract and paper, please specify the name of the author, the name of the author’s affiliated organization, author’s position, mailing address, e-mail address and contact number.
- For Portuguese speaker authors: please send a bilingual version in both Portuguese and English.
Selection of papers
- The Scientific Committee established by IWA will review whether the abstract fits Winnicott’s psychoanalysis and the theme of this Congress.
- After the paper is reviewed and accepted, a notice will be sent to the author in 15 days. If the paper is accepted, please pay the registration fee as required by the organizing committee. Those who have not paid the registration fee will not be able to read the paper at the Pre-Congress.
- The accepted papers will also be reviewed and chosen to publish (with the author’s consent) on the IWIP’s online publication ‘The Winnicottian Review’, an official project of the IWA and IBPW.
- Unaccepted manuscripts are generally not sent back.